Chantal DeslogesBarrister and Solicitor
Chantal Desloges is certified by the Law Society of Upper Canada as a Specialist in both Citizenship/Immigration law and Refugee law. Her practice focuses on Canadian citizenship, family sponsorships, temporary residence, refugee cases, humanitarian and compassionate requests, residency obligation advice, inadmissibility, plus Appeals and Judicial Reviews of refused cases.
Rochelle IvriCitizenship Judge, Professor of Paralegal Studies, Paralegal, RCIC, Notary Public
Professor Ivri was the first African-Canadian professor in Mohawk College’s Paralegal Program. She was the first paralegal and immigration consultant appointed as one of 10 citizenship judges in Canada. In addition, she is committed to enriching the Hamilton-Niagara communities where she sits on the boards of Bravo Niagara!, the Niagara Region Women’s Advisory Committee and the FAB Foundation.
Ivri, who has a degree in criminology and a paralegal diploma from triOS college in Hamilton, began teaching at Mohawk College in 2015. She is also a licensed immigration consultant.
The Lincoln Alexander Award, established in 2002, is awarded annually in recognition of an Ontario lawyer or paralegal who has demonstrated long-standing interest and commitment to the public and to the pursuit of community service on behalf of residents of Ontario. The award was created in honour of The Honourable Lincoln M. Alexander, PC, CC, OOnt, CD, QC, LSM, as recognition of his dedication to the people of Ontario and the legal community.
- OPA CPD SERIES: Lobbying and Advocacy – How to Mobilize Your Elected Officials
- Sep 29 2021
- 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
- Aug 11 2021
- 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
OPA CPD SERIES: Immigration Law – Basics of Immigration Practice
The Ontario Paralegal Association is hosting its first-ever Immigration Law CPD. Join our esteemed panel for an in-depth, introductory discussion on current immigration law procedures and best practices.
- •Paralegal Scope Of Practice
- •Licensee Competency
- •Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA)
- •Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR)
- •IRCC Guidelines and Policy Directions
- •Advocacy at the Immigration Refugee Board (IRB)
- •Professionalism and Ethics:
-Duty of Candour and Honesty -Consequences of Misrepresentation -Cultural Competency
Members in attendance will have the chance to WIN:
- •A free hardcopy of Tribunal Practice and Procedure, co-authored by Rochelle Ivri (retail: CAD 74.00)
- •A free hardcopy of Canadian Immigration and Refugee Law: A Practitioner’s Handbook, 3rd Edition; co-authored by Chantal Desloges (retail: CAD 154.00)
Pre-registration is not required for OPA Members. Simply add this event to your chosen calendar (Google Calendar, iCal, or Outlook link on the webinar page under the countdown) and log in at the date and time of the CPD.